The AHA Instructor Course teaches the methods of providing cardiopulmonary resuscitation instruction for individuals interested in training and educating both the Healthcare worker and the general public. The course includes AHA training, BLS Provider techniques, effective communication and CPR material instruction. All students must be at least 18 years of age or older. Please see the requirements for the Instructor course below
All pre-requisite requirements must be completed prior to the start of every class.
All of the following must be completed prior to the start of the BLS course:
- The student must have a current and valid AHA BLS Provider Card.
- Advanced studying/review the BLS instructor manual. The student will sign an acknowledgment form that they received the manual prior to class and will bring the manual to the designated class start date.
- Completion of the Instructor Candidate Application per the AHA.
- Completion of the AHA BLS Instructor Essentials Class $35.00 paid directly on the AHA website. Student will bring the printed copy of the Essential certificate to class and given to the instructor.
- The student must email all BLS, CPR, First Aid AED or Healthcare credential and Essential Certificate copies to Traverse Mobile CPR email prior to the start of class to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All AHA BLS Instructors and BLS Candidates must comply with all the current AHA and Traverse Mobile CPR, LLC policies.
- The student is required to teach/attend a BLS class and a Heartsaver, First Aid Class within 60 days of the Instructor Course
- The student must follow all of the guidelines of the AHA and will sign an acknowledgment form that they will adhere to the AHA guidelines of being a CPR BLS Instructor.